Monday 13 March 2017

Few words from EXCO 2016/2017

As MCSIM 2016/17's serving year is approaching to the end, we have indeed shared our great moments throughout the year! Before we passing down to our successors, on behalf of MCSIM, our exco have few words to express our deepest gratitude to all of you, our supporters.

President (2016/17) Lavonne Lai Nai Xiang

 Lavonne
: Never regret when I decided to stand up as an MCSIM EXCO 2 years back. Serving MCSIM for 3 years, there were lots of things I had to learn throughout this journey. By joining MCSIM you will have more opportunity to explore yourself and to develop yourself through MCSIM. I love the feeling when my team and I put on 100% efforts and concentrate toward our event and words couldn’t describe how happy does each final product make us feel, because of them my uni life in SIM no regrets at all. When the going gets tough, it's the people around us who keep us strong. 
Hold MCSIM's hand we are one family, we go through all the ups and downs to bring Malaysia flag fly higher!

Vice President (2016/17) Easyy Tey Yee Jie

Easyy: It's my pleasure to serve as an MCSIM EXCO and it was indeed a fruitful year. It wasn't an easy task but we have learned a lot and grew up throughout this journey with MCSIM. In fact, I love the circumstance in MCSIM and really enjoy joining this club. Working together with a group of friends is fun and interesting as we always have plenty of ideas to share with each other. Unity has made us strong and teamwork made the dreams work. Thank you my second family! <3

Vice President (2016/17) Ong Yu Xiang


Yu Xiang: Hi, This Yu Xiang I am serving MCSIM as Vice-president for the year of 2016. It has been a very exciting year at the beginning when I am meeting up with my team and discussing the plan for this upcoming years. It was a very different perspective and exposure from my previous serving year, where you are meeting up with awesome people along the journey. If I were put it, in short, this is a year "full of surprise" for me. We were arguing on the meeting, yet discussing what to eat after that. We were so tired after events, yet having debriefed after that. We have so many awesome ideas, yet believing and accepting others may be better. Here is a funny fact about myself, on my serving period I guess the numbers of meeting up with my team is more than I meeting up with my family. Or should I say, this is another family of mine ;)Cheer up! and all the best for MCSIM upcoming journey.

Project Development

Project Director (2016/17) Chloe Teh Zhi Ting

Chloe: MCSIM, it sounds strange to me when I first step into SIM, but now, it had become my topic of every single day...During my serving year of 2016/17 in MCSIM, I grew up more than I expected, explore the things that I had never tried before, and surrounded by a group of "noisy" people. These people not only teach me how to get the task done but also spam the group chat every single time, jio me to go canteen makan when I decide to keep fit.Even though we have some small conflicts when it comes to planning, but all of us have the same SEMANGAT, which is to make MCSIM better and bond all the Malaysian. This is called "MCSIM spirit", which I have been inspired by everyone throughout the journey. I think what I had learned the most is to be strong and brave no matter how difficult the situation is, how worst the result is but to never give up and stay strong. I always say to myself," You are much stronger than you think!"

Project Director (2016/17) Jade Lim Chia Jing

Jade: I have learned a lot on how to plan an event, how to communicate nicely with others. Along with this journey, the most important are that I have learned on how to work with a team. Every of them is having different perspectives on a different situation but we are able to deal at the end. Besides, the most precious part is the memories we created in this year. All the planning, meeting, preparing and till the end of the events, we have created a lot of memories and this is what should be treasure the most.

Project Director (2016/17) Queenie Chong Wen Fei

Queenie: For me, 'Success is not measured by how much I gained but how much love I put into giving' 😍 Never give up, keep pushing ahead!!!
In the serving year, there were a lot of ups and downs which made me stronger. Let's grow together, stay positive and smile😊
Thank you MCSIM for giving me an opportunity to serve.
I MCSIM

Project Director (2016/17) Edmund Ho Hao Yang

Edmund:    2016. An exciting (or thrilling?) year. I have never thought of being an EXCO. It's more like an impulsive decision, but I know I have made the right choice when I'm in the team. I'm grateful that I was a part of the team (because all I thought is I will fail the interview!). We have gone through a lot and a lot together on this journey. Throughout this journey, we feel like a family. The sense of belonging will just warm my heart whenever I felt lonely. Although it is very physically and mentally challenging for me to go back Johor Bahru each time after the event, they made me so determined to carry on my journey. I, personally, have a lot of virgin experiences too! Lion dance, drum, leading a team, performing at an ASEAN-level game (the AUG), conducting my own sharing session. There's even more that I have experienced. I have definitely stepped out of my comfort zone in my serving year. Failure is the mother of success. It is always the imperfection that can make our life more perfect!
Thanks for everything. =]


Club Development

Administrative Director (2016/17) Lydia Wong Xi Hui


Lydia: It was a hell of roller coaster, ups, and downs. We fought, cried, makeup and now we just can't get enough of each other. Without realizing it's already been a year when I looked back, I saw a girl with no experience at all in planning events, writing minutes, drafting budgets and so on. But the most important thing that I've got from this serving term are the memories that could not be gain anywhere else.

Public Relation Director (2016/17) Kartene


Kartene: As for me, I applied for exco position with no idea about the job scope. I was Public Relation Director for 2016. In the early stage, I had to attend other club’s AGM and need to talk to them. I personally found it too awkward to approach a stranger and talk but yeah as time passes I used to it. Sometimes language was a barrier for me, my broken Mandarin doesn’t help me much. There were moments I felt so lost but as we conduct more events I managed to catch up what they are talking about. The most difficult task for me was doing posters. I don’t think I am a creative person, each time I did face lots of problems with doing posters but yeah I learned to use Photoshop. Handling these stuff alone was too stress at a certain period. End of the day, I learned how to handle my time management, the job given to me, and this journey made me discover myself better indeed. Thank you MCSIM for the great opportunity and giving me another family here. The great memories in university was created with these people.






Another great year is coming to the batch of 6th Executive Committee. 
On behalf of the club, we would like to sincerely express our gratitude to all the supports from you all.  



We would like to humbly invite you to the upcoming MCSIM to witness this special moment of the year where our successors are born and are chosen to represent MCSIM 2017/18. Congratulations to the new batch of ExCos and we wish all the best & smooth journey to our successors.


Best regards,
MCSIM EXCO 2016/17



One day MCSIM kia forever MCSIM kia.

I promise to always be there for you. We are a team, you and me. I am on your side, to support you and to build you up when you are feeling down. I am here to encourage you and to cheer you up, to be your best friend and to love you. You are my partner, and together we can make it through anything. 

I hope that even we are stepping down, the  MCSIM spirit will never down, and we always are here to support them. 
- Lavonne Lai-
President of 2016/17



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.